Back To School Beauty On a Budget: Makeup Picks6:30 PM
I was probably one of a few teenagers that actually got up early enough to put on a little bit of makeup. Okay, so it may have had something to do with the fact that I was not allowed to sleep in. Even though I would set my alarm, my grandmother would always wake me up earlier than necessary to ensure that I wouldn't miss the bus. Even when I started driving to school and she stopped waking me up (due mostly to her health), I would still get up fairly early. Most days. Actually, a lot of girls in my high school fixed up for the school day. Many of the products I am recommending in this post were not around back in the day, but I would absolutely use them if I were teenager. Obviously, because I am using them as an adult.
A long lasting, mattifying foundation is a must. As well as a good concealer. Primers and setting sprays are not necessary, but they do help your makeup get through the school day. These are just the products that work best for me.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation and Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless
- Maybelline Super Stay 24 Concealer
- NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray. Urban Decay's De-slick Setting Spray is the best I have used so far, though. It is pricey, but great.
- It's Skin Babyface Primer in Green. One of the easiest ways to get this is through Memebox. It does a really good job at help hiding any redness, and it smells soooo good.
Cheeks are an area that can be skipped, but they can have such an impact. My budget friendly picks are:
- Rimmel's Natural Bronzer in Sun Light $3.87
- ColourPop Blush. This shade is called Hysterical, only available in the In Bloom set, but they have many, many great colors. $8
- Rimmel Stay Blushed has a whipped texture that applies sheerly, but can be built up. It easy to blend, too. $2.97 My favorite is Pop of Pink.
Now for the eyes. A pair of neutral, shimmery shadows, great mascara, and a great liner are a must. Brows are important, too. In fact, if you are low on time, Skip the shadow and liner to go for the brows. They can be that serious.
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes mascara for long and thick lashes. $5.47. Another good option is Cover Girls Super Sizer Mascara.
- Maybelline Super Stay 24 Concealer makes another appearance. It covers everything. $6.48.
- Colour Pop Pressed Pigments in Amaze (metallic rose gold) and Girly (vanilla with pink/gold duo chrome ). $5 each. Once you try their shadows, you will be a Colour Pop addict for life. No joke.
- Maybelline Brow Define and Fill Duo ($6.94) is a quick and easy to fill in those brows, if need be.
- NYX Slide On Pencils ($8) are a great basic eyeliner. They are perfect for the water line.
Whether you prefer mattes or gloss, there is a budget friendly option. Sticking with nude pinks is always a great idea, but you always need a pop of color in your makeup stash, too.
- LA Girl Cosmetics Glazed Lip Pain in Blushing $4. Super glossy, high pigment, and long lasting. And it is minty fresh, too.
- Milani Nude Creme Color Lasting Lipstick ($5.99) is a no fuss nude pink. As far as drugstore lipsticks, you cannot get much better than Milani.
- Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Lust is no exception to the above Milant statement. If you desire an ultra matte, long-lasting lip, look no further. Lust is a gorgeous rosy mauve that is great for everyday use.
- If glosses are more your thing, I really like Rimmel's Stay Glossy glosses ($3.97). They have nice pigment and they feel nice on the lips. This shade is All Day Seduction.
- And everyone needs a good lip balm that smells amazing. Its even better if it comes in cute packaging. My current favorite is the It's Skin Strawberry Macaron lip balm, which is available at Memebox.
I didn't get any sleep last night, so if my eyes look a little crazy, that would be why. I think I was a little too heavy handed with my brows. Oh well.
Good luck to everyone heading back to school! Have a great year, work hard, and have fun. Also, enjoy this time while you still can. Being adult is vastly overrated. Although I am kind of glad that I am not a kid nowadays. I am happy I grew up in the 90's and 00's. Great times.