FOTD: Mix of Cool and Warm Tones Using Lorac's Mega Pro 2 Palette8:23 PM
When I first woke up this morning (after sleeping for maybe an hour and a half), I thought about not bothering with makeup. Maybe just foundation, brows, mascara, and lip balm. Then I had a nice, long laugh because that just isn't me. This was also before I had coffee. I wanted to try out some of the more cool toned shades out of the newest Lorac palette. In the end, I really liked how this turned out.
Oh, and this was actually from yesterday. I actually did the no makeup makeup thing today. And I actually kind of liked it. More on that another day.
- Maybelline Better Skin Concealer in Ivory
- Lorac MegaPro 2 Palette: Tawny, Sandstone, Saddle, Seashell, Custard, Black
- Anastasia Brow Whiz in Medium Brown
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Mad Max Brown
- MUFE Artist Liner in M 60 (matte dark brown)
- Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Push Up Mascara
- Catrice Lash Boost Lash Extension Fibers
To prime my eyes, I used Maybelline's Better Skin Concealer. I have found that the Lorac eyeshadows do not work well with Benefit's Air Patrol, but work amazingly with this concealer. After priming, I set my eyes with the lightest shade from Kat Von D's Shade + Light Palette. I started the look by blending Tawny into the crease with a fluffy blending brush. To darken the crease and add more depth, I added Saddle. I patted Sandstone onto the Lid and blended it into the crease just a little. I blended just a bit of Ash into the outer crease to smoke things out a bit and add a cooler tone. I actually tight lined my eyes today by using the MUFE Artist Liner in M 60, which is a gorgeous matte brown. I just had to do a wing, and my favorite liner to do this with is Kat Von D's Tatoo Liner in Mad Max Brown. Falsies aren't for me, so I do the next best thing. I applied a coat of mascara, then a coat of Catrice's Lash Boost Lash Extension Fibers, then another coat of mascara. And no eye look is complete without filled in brows.
Face and Lips:
- e.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation
- CoverFX Custom Cover Drops
- Catrice Illuminating Highlighter Pen
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Matte Darling