Sephora Inside JC Penney Favorites Skin Wonderland Set7:43 PM
At the start of the VIB Rouge Sale, I stopped by my Sephora Inside JC Penney to see what they had. Luckily (or unfortunately) they had a lot of good stuff, including the Sephora Favorites Skin Wonderland set. There are two versions of this set, and this one is exclusive to Sephora Inside JC Penney. This one is also only $39 and I believe the one available at freestanding Sephoras and online is $68. You get a lot of great stuff with this kit. Everything is travel size, but considering how long the Bosica cleanser is lasting me, they will last a pretty good while. I love sets like this because you get to try a lot of different things, and/or get some travel sized versions of long time favorites.
I am going to start with what you get and I am going to put an asterisk besides the products I have tried so far and include a mini review or first impressions.
- Huge bag
- This is crazy, but one of my favorite things about this set is the bag. It is massive and it can hold a ton of stuff. It would be great to travel with.
- 0.23 oz Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm*
- I am really liking this eye cream so far. It is lightweight and the teeniest amount goes a long way. My under eye area always feels nice and hydrated now. I haven't noticed a difference in dark circles or fine lines, but then again that is not a huge area of concern for me right now. It doesn't cause any irritation and there is a lot of product in this travel size. It will last you a very long time. This eye cream is supposed to combat puffiness and dark circles. Again, not huge areas of concern for me. However, my mom tried this out for a few days and her eyes got really puffy. She discontinued use and has not had that problem sense.
- 1 oz Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser*
- I fell in love with this cleanser the first time I used it. I used it a few more times and I noticed that my skin started looking even better than it did with the Clinique Acne Solutions line. Since the VIB Rouge sale was still going on, I went out and bought a set that had a 5 oz cleanser, a sponge, and Boscia's Luminizing Black Mask. I haven't broken out since using this and my skin looks a lot less red.
- 1 oz First Aid Beauty Repair Cream*
- This product is designed to be used from "head to toe." It is a good product, but it is not something I would purchase. I use it mostly on my hands and elbows, and it does a decent job at keeping them soft. I have tried better products, though. One of which is actually in this set.
- 0.08 oz Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15*
- Back in the day, I had a tube of the Rose Lip Treatment. I used it all, but I don't remember being crazy about it. But I do like the regular version. I have been using to prep my lips before applying lipstick and it has been working like a charm. I love that it has some SPF in it and I adore the scent. It makes my normally dry lips feel hydrated and smooth. And the tiny tube is adorable.
- 0.5 oz GlamGlow Youthmud Tingleexfoliate Treatment
- 2 oz Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Apricot Vanilla*
- The scent of this body butter alone will make you happy. The texture is heavenly and it feels so luxe and smooth. It makes my skin feel like velvet and it doesn't bother my eczema. I bought the full size. It is that good. I also like that it doesn't have that really heavy, gross, greasy feeling that a lot of body butters have. It is more lightweight and it absorbs well.
- 0.5 oz Kate Somerville ExfoliKate*
- I am having some mixed feelings about this product. I think the first time I used it was a month and a half ago thanks to some sample packets. It worked really well for me and I didn't experience any form of irritation. Now when I use it my skin does turn red and a little itchy for a day. The product does warn that this may happen and it is normal. It does do a nice job of exfoliating my skin without being extremely irritating. it does sting like heck, though. I do like that this product combines chemical and physical exfoliation.
- 1 oz Marula Foaming Cleansing Oil
- 0.33 oz Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster*
- I think you will be hard pressed to find a skincare junkie who hasn't tried this at least once. My mom uses it all the time and loves it. I figured it would be good at helping fade some acne scars. I have been using an older sample of it and so far so good. I use it every morning and it seems to be making a difference. A little bit goes a VERY long way, so this small size will last you quite awhile. The sample I have been using is quite a bit smaller than this one, and I have half of it left. And I have been using it for two or three weeks.
- 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio Repair Gel Mask
- Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate*
- I have only used this twice, but I like the way it makes my skin feel. It is designed to "restore skin's power to resist, protect, regenerate, and strengthen, leaving skin smooth and deeply nourished." I obviously cannot speak of any long term benefits, but it did make my skin feel nice and smooth. It absorbed pretty quickly and it didn't feel sticky. I'll keep it on using it and see what happens. I also didn't wake up with any blemishes or redness, which is always a good sign.
ExfoliKate, Josie Maran's Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter, Algenist Eye Renewal Balm, and First Aid Beauty's Repair Cream are included in the $68 set.The $68 kit has 16 products while this one has 11. That is quite a price jump, but it does include some luxury products like Sunday Riley's Good Genes and Caudalie's Divine Oil. But I'm not talking about that set. I am happy I bought this because I have discovered some new favorites, and I got a nice cosmetics bag, too. At first, $39 seems like a lot to dish out for a bag of travel sized products, but considering how long these will last, it is actually quite a steal. The retail value of the kit is $167, so it is a bargain. If you love skincare and you are looking to revamp your routine, this is worth getting. It would also make a fantastic gift for someone. You get a little bit of everything, so you can have a new skincare routine for a couple of months if your current one just isn't cutting it anymore.