The Look For Less: My Take on the Burberry Modern Smoky Eye9:59 AM
The idea for this look came while my mom was looking at Burberry Shadows on Sephora's site and she wanted my opinion on a few shades. I noticed the little video below the product and I loved the look the makeup artist created using Burberry products. Now Burberry has amazing makeup and I love their eyeshadows and liners, especially. But I wanted to challenge myself to do a similar look using products that were less expensive. I used a mixture of higher end and drugstore products. I love the idea of Burberry's smoky eye. It was easy to do, and it has a chic yet edgy vibe to it.
You can find Burberry's how to video here. It will be under the main product image for the Burberry eyeshadow, which is an amazing formula. If you are VIB Rouge, use the 15% off discount to try one for yourself. I recommend Rosewood, Pale Barley, and Midnight Brown.
- Catrice Cosmetics Camouflage Cream in Ivory as my primer and concealer.
- Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Baby Face as my base. This isn't necessary. You can just use your favorite powder or stop at the primer if you are not prone to creasing.
- Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow in Faux Fur Jacket. I lightly applied this to my lid and I mainly focused it on the center.
- Burberry Eyeshadow in Rosewood. I had to, ya'll. I didn't have another shade like this gorgeous pinky taupe. I blended it into the crease for a little bit of definition.
- L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Liner in Black. I dotted this around my upper and lower lash line, then blended it with a liner brush.
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Corrupt. I used this to set my liner and make it even darker.
- I used the new L'Oreal Infallible Matte-Matic Liner to tightline my eyes.
- For my lashes, I used L'Oreal's Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara, which is amazing. And I know I am using a ton of L'Oreal Products. It was unintentional.
- Makeup Eyeshadow in Shimma Shimma to highlight the inner corner
- On my browns, I used Wet n Wild's Ultimate Brow Mascara.
- Hard Candy Sheer Envy Hydrating Primer Mist
- NYX Color Correcting Palette
- Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector
- e.l.f Sheer High Definition Powder
- Catrice Prime and Fine Contouring Palette in Ashy Radiance. I only used the highlighter for this look.
- M.A.C Golden Rinse Bronzer from last year's Steam Heat Collection
- L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Julianne's Pink
I love how this look turned out. I expected it to be extremely time consuming, but it wasn't. And it is certainly a lot easier to do than a traditional smoky eye, plus it is more fool proof.
Oh, and if you follow me on Snapchat and Instagram, I apologize for not posting a lot recently. My phone is being a pain and it keeps disconnecting from my WiFi and it won't re-connect sometimes. Bummer. But I am trying to get it fixed.
See you soon and I hope you are having a great week!