FOTD: Subtle Pops of Color and "New" Product Try On9:33 PM
Yesterday I went to Ulta to see if they had some of the new Soap and Glory makeup in stock. Of course they did not, but I still picked up a few things that I used today. I posted some swatches and first impressions on my Snap Chat (my username is atlantanbeauty) and I will also include my thoughts on them here. I also wanted to incorporate a little bit of color, but I didn't want to go crazy because I wasn't in the mood for a lot of blending and using a ton of products.
I am going to demote the new products with an asterisk.
- Benefit's Air Patrol
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette (Latinus, Samael, Lucius, and Liberatus).
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Mad Max Brown
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil*. Ulta sent me a deluxe sample for being a Platimum member, but the shade isn't marked. I am liking it so far, though. I just think this particular shade is a little too dark.
- Essence Lash Princess Mascara*. I don't think I am going to like this. It looks very clumpy on me, but I will keep trying it.
- NYX Electro Liner in Powerlines. These, or at least this one shade, it just bad. I had to go over it so many times to get mediocre color payoff, it tugged, and the color began to fade pretty quickly.
- Hard Candy Sheer Envy Pore Defense Primer Serum
- Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector
- Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser
- L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Powder
- e.l.f Cosmetics Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky.
- Laura Geller Baked Gelato Highlighter in Charming Pink. I finally caved into the hype and bought one of these. I get it now. It is beautiful.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer
- Buxom Full On Lip Polish in Jennifer. I love these glosses, and Jennifer is a lovely pink with a slight hint of purple. It gives your lips a wonderful shine and makes them look fuller.
Even though I wasn't in love with a couple of the products, I like how this turned out. A sheer gloss or an eyeliner is an easy way to add a fun pop of color to any look. And it can still be daytime appropriate.