New Product Try On: ABH Modern Renaissance Palette, Cover Girl's Clean Matte BB Cream, and Nuance Liquid Lipstick1:52 PM
This is an impromptu post, but I liked how this look turned out and It is my job to share new products (and looks) with you guys. Plus Anastasia's new palette is basically everything my dreams are made of and Cover Girl's new BB cream sounds promising. I'll include some first impressions so you guys can tell if you would like to try them out for yourselves.
- To prime my eyes, I used Milani's Eyeshadow Primer. This product is new to me, and I have to say that it is every bit as good as high end primers.
- I used the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette. I used Tempera as my base, Vermeer on the lid, and Buon Fresco in the crease. To add some more definition, I applied a little bit of Love Letter to the outer V. This palette is incredible. It has already become one of my top palettes in my collection. The shadows are crazy pigmented, but blend like a dream. And the pigment doesn't vanish as you blend. It is a must have.
- To line my eyes, I used the new Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner in the Classic version. I applied a little bit of Cyprus Umber to smooth it out and I also decided I wanted my liner to be more brown than black. This is a pretty good liner. I like the formula, but the tip has taken me a little while to get used to. It is tapered, but it is still thicker than what I am used to. Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner has really spoiled me, I guess.
- To fill in my brows, I used L'Oreal's Brow Stylist and I tried out the Benefit's They're Real Mascara for the first time. I liked it, but I wouldn't buy the full size.
- To prime my skin, I used Hard Candy's Sheer Envy Pore Defense Primer Serum. I am still a little undecided on this. I don't hate it by any means, but I can't really say that I love it, either.
- I tried out the new Cover Girl Clean Matte BB Cream and I am actually pretty impressed. The coverage was good and it did keep my skin mostly matte. It looked like it may have broken up a bit around my nose, though. The heat index here is 104, and I just got back from running errands. I am not greasy at all.
- I applied Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser under my eyes, chin, and forehead. I set everything using Coty's Airspun Powder.
- To bronze and highlight, I used M.A.C's Golden Rinse from their Wash and Dry Collection plus Catrice Cosmetics Highlighting Powder in Champagne Campaign.
- To finish the look off, I applied Nuance's Liquid Lipstick in Liquid Lilly. This is much more of a gloss than a liquid lipstick. It is still a nice product, though. The color is lovely and the formula feels hydrating.
I will see you soon!