Huda Beauty Textured Shadows Palette Rose Gold Edition7:19 AM
I have had this palette since it first launched and since it is being restocked this week, I figured this would be a good time to review it. I have been on an emotional roller coaster with this palette. At first I didn't like very much. But the more I used it, the more I liked it. Now I really enjoy using it. I just had to figure out the best way to apply some of the shadows.
This palette comes with 18 eyeshadows in three different textures: 3D Metal, Chromatic Pressed Pearl, and Saturated Mattes.
Shades and Descriptions
- Dubai (3D Metal) is a GORGEOUS deep bronze.
- Fling (3D Metal) is a cranberry red.
- 24K (3D Metal) is a true gold.
- Rose Gold (3D Metal) is just that, a beautiful rose gold.
- Trust Fund (3D Metal) is a true copper.
- Angelic (Pressed Pearl) is a light pink with gold reflects throughout.
- #Blessed (3D Metal) is an antique gold.
- Bossy (Saturated Matte) is a deep burgundy.
- Flamingo (Saturated Matte) is a bright pink.
- Shy (Saturated Matte) is a dusty rose.
- Bae (Saturated Matte) is a matte cream.
- Moondust (Pressed Pearl) is a golden champagne.
- Black Truffle (Saturated Matte) is your standard matte black.
- Suede (Saturated Matte) is taupe.
- Coco (Saturated Matte) is a deep, warm toned brown.
- Maneater (Saturated Matte) is a vibrant reddish pink.
- Henna (Saturated Matte) is a burnt orange.
- Sandalwood (Saturated Matte) is a light tan.
|Brush swatch without primer.|
|Finger swatches without primer|
The texture is a little hit and miss. Some of the shades are really smooth and buttery while others are more dry and rough. The more red tone shades such as Bossy, Maneater, and even Flamingo are the ones with the drier texture. But their amazing pigment makes up for it. The texture isn't an issue during application. Also, the darker shades do stain a little bit.
In the picture below, I swatched the 3D metal shades. I did a finger swatch to the left of a swatch done by a damp brush. Both were done over primer.
|#Blessed, Dubai, Fling, 24K, Rose Gold, Trust Fund|
|Angelic, Bossy, Flamingo, Shy, Bae, Moondust, Black Truffle, Suede, Coco, Maneater, Henna, Sandalwood|
Now that the 3D metal shades and I have come to an understanding, I really enjoy using this palette. It is pretty easy to use and I have gotten a good variety of looks out of it. It is pricey, though. It is $65. Honestly, the packaging for that price isn't the best. It is pretty flimsy and I expected it to be a little nice. I do like that the top is clear and you can see the shadows.
Even though I like this palette a lot, it is pretty dupeable. What makes it unique are the 3D metal shades, but they are not too different from any metallic eyeshadow. Whether or not you need to get this just depends on your budget and personal preference. This palette is going to be restocked sometime this week and I will let you know on social media when that happens. I think I heard on Huda's snapchat that she will be bringing it back a few times during the year.